Zato installation from source code based on a specific branch

Hi Dsuch,

I have followed the following steps for the installation of zato from source code as per the document https://zato.io/docs/admin/guide/install/source.html

Steps followed

1. vagrant$ git clone -b energytechglobal-priority-queue https://github.com/zatosource/zato.git
  2. Vagrant $ cd zato/code
  3. Vagrant/zato/code$ ./install.sh
  4. Vagrant/zato/code$ zato quickstart create /vagrant/zato/perch postgresql localhost 6379 --odb_host localhost --odb_port 5432 --odb_user perch --odb_db_name perch_dev –
    odb_password 123456 --cluster_name perch --servers 1 --verbose
    output:zato: command not found
    later tried the exact command for creating the cluster
  5. Vagrant/zato/code$ zato create cluster postgresql localhost 5432 zato1 zatodb1 localhost 11223 20151 localhost 6379 PROD3 techacc1
    Output: zato: command not found

Is there something which I am missing? Are there any additional steps which have to be performed before creating the cluster?

Regards,
Sai Bhargav

Hi Sai,

When you install Zato from a git clone, the ‘zato’ script is not in your $PATH.

So, you have to add the location to you $PATH (<git-clone-location>/code/bin/), e.g. in your “.bashrc”, or use the absolute location of the zato script (<git-clone-location>/code/bin/zato).

Regards, Jan

Hi @jjmurre,

Thanks for your info Could please specify the order of commands to be executed because I have used the same commands provided in the documentation but could not succeed on creating the cluster?

Regards,
Sai Bhargav

Hi @sai_bhargav,

What is the output that you get when running the quickstart command?

Regards, Jan

Hi @sai_bhargav,

In the steps you are describing, you do a cd zato/code, followed by install.sh.
The installer creates a bin directory inside zato/code. So, instead of zato quickstart create ...,
you could issues the command bin/zato quickstart create ...., because you are still in the zato/code directory.

Regards, Jan

Hi @jjmurre,

Thanks for helping me out on this. Now I am able to create the cluster by adding $PATH before running install.sh.

Regards,
Sai Bhargav