Zato 3 tentative release date

Hi,

Thanks for the great project.
I’m currently using zato 2.0.7 and I’m eagerly waiting for the features like synchronous AMQP channels, JWT and Websockets. From the blog posts, I could see that these are implemented in the latest version (3.0).

I’m very curious to know about the tentative release date of Zato 3.0.

Thanks in advance.
Umesh

Thanks @umesh, I can confirm that Zato 3.0 will be released in this year, almost certainly far in December.

Two major pieces still not completed are:

• Channel caches
  • Built-in message queues with guaranteed delivery and a new version of publish/subscribe that will work with any channel type, not only with REST pub/sub ones

A great deal of effort went into it already but things are a bit slower now - it is summer time in the Northern hemisphere. But there is steady progress and things are looking good!

Thanks @dsuch for the update :grinning:

Hi,

May I know Zato 3.0 release date.

Thanks,
Prasantarmaye

It will happen soon but the date is not fixed yet.

Almost everything from the 3.0 changelog is ready.

Going forward, all releases will be time-based, i.e. they will always take place in the same month of year, akin to what Ubuntu does.

3.0 is special because of publish/subscribe - Zato will now ship with a built-in message broker and it’s a vast feature that needed a lot of time to complete.

Thanks for the update. Do we have web sockets implementation complete and available in github?

Thanks,
Prasantarmaye

There are three parts of the WebSockets (WSX) functionality:

1. Channels, i.e. an external application establishes a WSX connection
  2. WSX channels as they are used in pub/sub
  3. Outgoing connections, e.g. Zato opens WSX connections to external systems, possibly other Zato clusters
  • Part 1 is done and in GitHub, branch main
  • Part 2 is something that I happen to be working on as we speak and will be likely ready by the end of this week
  • Part 3 is something that I will be working on in the next week

Which part are you interested in? What is your use-case?

Thanks for the quick response. We are interested in part 1 right now. Can you share some detail documentation with some examples that will help us to code.

Thanks,
Prasantarmaye

The documentation is here:

Here is a blog post on how to configure the load-balancer for both HTTP/REST and WebSockets. It uses AWS as an example but the same principle will hold in other environments:

https://zato.io/blog/posts/load-balance-http-web-sockets.html