Zato 3.1 changelog

Hello,

I am happy to link you to the preliminary Zato 3.1 changelog:

https://zato.io/docs/3.1/project/changelog.html

Most of the functionality is already implemented while the rest is in development, to be released in June 2019.

This will be an incremental release, building on the already existing strong foundations.

For now, this is a list of additions or features changed and documentation for programmers and administrators will be added before the final release.

If you would like to use Zato 3.1 already, it is best to install it from source code.

1 Like

Thank you for the update. Lot’s of good stuff! Keep it up!

0 Likes

Cheers, @dsuch!

Bit by bit (due to lack of time), I’m currently trying to install the latest version of Zato (main branch) from sources on a Docker container using Ubuntu 18.04, using Python 3.6.

So I’ll be testing some of these new, wonderful features one of these days and try to provide feedback.

Keep up the good work!

0 Likes

Excellent. With the speed of moving things in my company, it will take some time until I can validate my services against the new version, but keep up the good work!

0 Likes

@dsuch That is a nice list of new features! Great!

0 Likes

I am installing the latest version of the main branch of Zato from sources inside a Docker container running Ubuntu 18.04:

cd /opt
git clone https://github.com/zatosource/zato
cd zato
./code/install.sh -p python3

And I just found these warnings during the execution of the installation script:

[..]

Building wheel for tabulate (setup.py) ... done
  Stored in directory: /root/.cache/pip/wheels/2b/67/89/414471314a2d15de625d184d8be6d38a03ae1e983dbda91e84
  Building wheel for pysocks (setup.py) ... done
  Stored in directory: /root/.cache/pip/wheels/22/5c/b5/12e0dfdfa85bea67b23628b6425fae715c687e947a45ee3df9
Successfully built alembic anyjson blist argh arrow Babel behave candv cassandra-driver codegen ConcurrentLogHandler configobj convertdate coverage crontab cytoolz datadiff davis decorator dictalchemy dill docformatter ephem flake8 future httpagentparser httplib2 [(truncated)]

hvac 0.7.2 has requirement requests>=2.21.0, but you'll have requests 2.19.0 which is incompatible.
pyasn1-modules 0.2.4 has requirement pyasn1<0.5.0,>=0.4.1, but you'll have pyasn1 0.1.8 which is incompatible.
python-ldap 3.2.0 has requirement pyasn1>=0.3.7, but you'll have pyasn1 0.1.8 which is incompatible.

Installing collected packages: SQLAlchemy, MarkupSafe, Mako, python-editor, six, python-dateutil, alembic, vine, amqp, anyjson, blist, argh, arrow, asn1crypto, pytz, Babel, base32-crockford, parse, parse-type, behave, boto, candv, cassandra-driver, pycparser, cffi, click, codegen, [(truncated)]

[..]

You may want to adjust versions in the requirements file. :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Also there is a missing dependency: tzdata. After installing the package via apt I no longer got the following error while executing /opt/zato/code/bin/zato --version:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./zato", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('zato-cli', 'console_scripts', 'zato')()
  File "/opt/zato/code/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 489, in load_entry_point
    return get_distribution(dist).load_entry_point(group, name)
  File "/opt/zato/code/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2793, in load_entry_point
    return ep.load()
  File "/opt/zato/code/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2411, in load
    return self.resolve()
  File "/opt/zato/code/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2417, in resolve
    module = __import__(self.module_name, fromlist=['__name__'], level=0)
  File "/opt/zato/code/zato-cli/src/zato/cli/zato_command.py", line 24, in <module>
    from zato.cli import apispec as apispec_mod, ca_create_ca as ca_create_ca_mod, ca_create_lb_agent as ca_create_lb_agent_mod, \
  File "/opt/zato/code/zato-cli/src/zato/cli/create_cluster.py", line 28, in <module>
    from zato.common.pubsub import new_sub_key
  File "/opt/zato/code/zato-common/src/zato/common/pubsub.py", line 17, in <module>
    from zato.common.util.time_ import utcnow_as_ms
  File "/opt/zato/code/zato-common/src/zato/common/util/time_.py", line 32, in <module>
    local_tz = get_localzone()
  File "/opt/zato/code/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tzlocal/unix.py", line 123, in get_localzone
    _cache_tz = _get_localzone()
  File "/opt/zato/code/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tzlocal/unix.py", line 117, in _get_localzone
    raise pytz.UnknownTimeZoneError('Can not find any timezone configuration')
pytz.exceptions.UnknownTimeZoneError: 'Can not find any timezone configuration'
0 Likes