Time line for 3.0 ?

Hi

Do you have an update on the timeline for zato 3.0 release ?
I have some major work on in the pipeline and would probably go with 3.0 rather starting with 2.0.8 if it’s near.

Thnaks

T

Hi Tim,

we are looking at 6-8 weeks before the code freeze and then 2-3 weeks for packages, final tests and documentation.

What functionality are you planning to use in your project? E.g. REST, AMQP?

Hi Darius,
is MS Sql Server outgoing connection available in Zato 3 ?

Hello @khatir,

I’m not sure yet if MS SQL support can make it in time for 3.0. It took a lot of time to find a suitable library, which is python-tds, and it works correctly in Zato projects with clients, i.e. it can be imported directly, connections work, queries work, stored procedures are fine too.

But I just don’t know if there is going to be enough time to integrate it with the rest of Zato, web-admin and other places. This should not be very difficult but I’m simply not sure yet.

I would like to see it myself but I just don’t know yet, which is why it is not mentioned in the changelog.

Is that something critical from your perspective?

Hello Darius,
I don’t think it’s critical because we always come up with workarounds. But I think it’s important to add MS SQL support because it’s simply one of the most prevalent in business environment.
Thank you

Hello,

this is just to let you all know that DEB, RPM and APK packages for 3.0 are being built as we speak and the new release will be out by the end of this week.

https://zato.io/docs/3.0/project/changelog.html