(Migrated) Accessing SOAP channel

(This message has been automatically imported from the retired mailing list)

Hi,

What is the syntax for the URL when you access a Zato service trough a SOAP=
channel?

As a start I want to access the service from the tutorial (my-service.get-c=
lient-details) through SOAP. I have created a new SOAP channel using these =
parameters:

Name: soap.test1
URL path: /zato/soap
Method: (None)
Data format: XML
SOAP action: test1
SOAP version: 1.1
Service: my-service.get-client-details
Security: No security

Then, how do I test it, f. x. with SoapUI?

What about WSDL? Normally I would expect a WSDL file.

Finn Gruwier Larsen

Forbrugerr?det Taenk er en uafhaengig medlemsorganisation, der arbejder for=
et Danmark, hvor alle forbrugere kan traeffe et trygt valg.
F? nyheder, informationer om test, tilbud og gode r?d 1-2 gange om ugen. Ti=
lmeld dig vores nyhedsbreve p? taenk.dk/nyhedsbrev

This is what I mention in another mail, only SOAP channel need WSDL, the
others services don’t so the config of WSDL should be peer SOAP channel,
and not at a service level, every SOAP channel need a WSDL to let the
clients parse to know how to comunicate. In my case I create a service that
serve the WSDL so SoapUI(I’m using it too) can parse it.

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 9:17 AM, Dariusz Suchojad dsuch@zato.io wrote:

On 01/28/2014 03:06 PM, Finn Gruwier Larsen wrote:

Hi Finn,

What is the syntax for the URL when you access a Zato service trough
a SOAP channel?

There is no particular syntax except for the fact that the name ‘zato’,
case insensitively, cannot be used anywhere by users. So /my-soap is
fine but /zato/my-soap is not.

Then, how do I test it, f. x. with SoapUI?

It just needs to be invoked, not sure what you mean by testing?

What about WSDL? Normally I would expect a WSDL file.

there is a new feature planned of generating WSDLs out of SimpleIO
definitions but this is not available yet.

You need to create a WSDL yourself, you can take this one as a starting
point

https://zato.io/docs/_downloads/zato.wsdl

This can be later on uploaded to serve as a reference

https://zato.io/docs/web-admin/service-details/wsdl.html

but currently it won’t be used to validate or inspect requests.

This is my wsdl service over plain http channel without security and any
format, in my case it’s generic so depending on the channel id, the wsdl
config stored in Redis is retrieved and then it access to the service
config that I store in Redis too, to make my soap services generic too.
Currently I’m testing this config with SoapUI and works but maybe I’m
missing something WSDL related syntax so feedbacks are welcome.
In the Zato scenario the service config could be retrieved from SIO if the
service use SIO of course, meanind Input and output fields and their data
types, namespace

[code]

-- coding: utf-8 --

from future import absolute_import, division, print_function,
unicode_literals

from zato.server.service import Service

message_wsdl = “”"<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!

here is the code without {{ class }} because that belongs to my jinja2
templates.
I set an static name in the attachment

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 1:39 PM, Finn Gruwier Larsen fgl@fbr.dk wrote:

I managed to get the code of the mail. Here it is as an attachment.

Finn

On 01/28/2014 03:06 PM, Finn Gruwier Larsen wrote:

Hi Finn,

What is the syntax for the URL when you access a Zato service trough
a SOAP channel?

There is no particular syntax except for the fact that the name ‘zato’,
case insensitively, cannot be used anywhere by users. So /my-soap is
fine but /zato/my-soap is not.

Then, how do I test it, f. x. with SoapUI?

It just needs to be invoked, not sure what you mean by testing?

What about WSDL? Normally I would expect a WSDL file.

there is a new feature planned of generating WSDLs out of SimpleIO
definitions but this is not available yet.

You need to create a WSDL yourself, you can take this one as a starting
point

https://zato.io/docs/_downloads/zato.wsdl

This can be later on uploaded to serve as a reference

https://zato.io/docs/web-admin/service-details/wsdl.html

but currently it won’t be used to validate or inspect requests.

On 01/28/2014 03:06 PM, Finn Gruwier Larsen wrote:

Hi Finn,

What is the syntax for the URL when you access a Zato service trough
a SOAP channel?

There is no particular syntax except for the fact that the name ‘zato’,
case insensitively, cannot be used anywhere by users. So /my-soap is
fine but /zato/my-soap is not.

Then, how do I test it, f. x. with SoapUI?

It just needs to be invoked, not sure what you mean by testing?

What about WSDL? Normally I would expect a WSDL file.

there is a new feature planned of generating WSDLs out of SimpleIO
definitions but this is not available yet.

You need to create a WSDL yourself, you can take this one as a starting
point

https://zato.io/docs/_downloads/zato.wsdl

This can be later on uploaded to serve as a reference

https://zato.io/docs/web-admin/service-details/wsdl.html

but currently it won’t be used to validate or inspect requests.

Yes, please send til WSDL code as an attachment, this would be very useful for me - thanks.

Finn Gruwier Larsen

I managed to get the code of the mail. Here it is as an attachment.

Finn

Thanks :slight_smile:

Finn

Fra: Axel Mendoza Pupo [mailto:aekroft@gmail.com]
Sendt: 28. januar 2014 20:43
Til: Finn Gruwier Larsen
Cc: zato-discuss@lists.zato.io
Emne: Re: [Zato-discuss] Accessing SOAP channel

here is the code without {{ class }} because that belongs to my jinja2 temp=
lates.
I set an static name in the attachment

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 1:39 PM, Finn Gruwier Larsen <fgl@fbr.dk<mailto:fgl=
@fbr.dk>> wrote:
I managed to get the code of the mail. Here it is as an attachment.

Finn

Here is a more updated version of the wsdl service validated with 2 tools,
SoapUI and http://wsdl-analyzer.com/ with 134 as score in the online tool

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 2:56 AM, Finn Gruwier Larsen fgl@fbr.dk wrote:

Thanks J

Finn

Fra: Axel Mendoza Pupo [mailto:aekroft@gmail.com]
Sendt: 28. januar 2014 20:43
Til: Finn Gruwier Larsen
Cc: zato-discuss@lists.zato.io
Emne: Re: [Zato-discuss] Accessing SOAP channel

here is the code without {{ class }} because that belongs to my jinja2
templates.

I set an static name in the attachment

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 1:39 PM, Finn Gruwier Larsen fgl@fbr.dk wrote:

I managed to get the code of the mail. Here it is as an attachment.

Finn