Docker Quickstart: zato-qs-stop.sh

Hi

I use the docker zato quickstart for quite a lot of experimentation and some time in the last week or so it appears to have stopped working.

Using the command line as per Zato | Docker quickstart installation
Always fails

Running it results in

TASK [Create a quickstart environment (02)]
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {“changed”: true, “cmd”: “PATH=$PATH:~/current/bin &&\n/opt/zato/env/qs-1/zato-qs-stop.sh || true &&\nrm -rf /opt/zato/env/qs-1 &&\nzato quickstart /opt/zato/env/qs-1 --odb-type postgresql --odb-host localhost --odb-port 5432 --odb-db-name zato_db_main1 --odb-user zato_user_main1 --odb-password ‘zato.db.main.efjgmz7z3aothzu7jce1’ --cluster-name ‘’ --verbose\n”, “delta”: “0:00:00.003174”, “end”: “2022-12-06 02:50:28.363377”, “msg”: “non-zero return code”, “rc”: 127, “start”: “2022-12-06 02:50:28.360203”, “stderr”: “/bin/sh: 2: /opt/zato/env/qs-1/zato-qs-stop.sh: not found\n/bin/sh: 4: zato: not found”, “stderr_lines”: [“/bin/sh: 2: /opt/zato/env/qs-1/zato-qs-stop.sh: not found”, “/bin/sh: 4: zato: not found”], “stdout”: “”, “stdout_lines”: []}

This (at least to me) is repeatable.

I will try and get some else to try it on a different device.

Hi Tim,

the image is regenerated each 24 hours - can you please confirm whether it is reproducible today?

If yes, please paste the full command that you are using along with the entire output.

Also, are you using the same installation command as here?

https://zato.io/en/docs/admin/guide/install/docker.html

Thank you.

HI

Yes, I am using the exact commands from that page.
The whole error seemed odd, and after poking around I started to suspect an issue with my docker runtime.

I tested on another host and it ran fine, and restarted my workstation and it worked ok too.
However running it again after a clean restart this morning resulted in the same error
command is

docker run --pull=always -it --rm -p 22022:22 -p 8183:8183 -p 11223:11223 -p 17010:17010 --name zato-3.2-quickstart Package zato-3.2-quickstart · GitHub

and the step that fails

TASK [Create a quickstart environment (02)] *************************************************************************************************************************************************
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {“changed”: true, “cmd”: “PATH=$PATH:~/current/bin &&\n/opt/zato/env/qs-1/zato-qs-stop.sh || true &&\nrm -rf /opt/zato/env/qs-1 &&\nzato quickstart /opt/zato/env/qs-1 --odb-type postgresql --odb-host localhost --odb-port 5432 --odb-db-name zato_db_main1 --odb-user zato_user_main1 --odb-password ‘zato.db.main.4d6rbgnt7gk5g7qgjmvw’ --cluster-name ‘’ --verbose\n”, “delta”: “0:00:00.002763”, “end”: “2022-12-07 01:20:39.868144”, “msg”: “non-zero return code”, “rc”: 127, “start”: “2022-12-07 01:20:39.865381”, “stderr”: “/bin/sh: 2: /opt/zato/env/qs-1/zato-qs-stop.sh: not found\n/bin/sh: 4: zato: not found”, “stderr_lines”: [“/bin/sh: 2: /opt/zato/env/qs-1/zato-qs-stop.sh: not found”, “/bin/sh: 4: zato: not found”], “stdout”: “”, “stdout_lines”: []}

PLAY RECAP **********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
localhost : ok=36 changed=25 unreachable=0 failed=1 skipped=21 rescued=0 ignored=0

I tried on another server (which worked yesterday) and now I am getting an error there too.

I couldn’t run this successfully this morning, and again this afternoon is seems to be working.

I am somewhat confused, about this behaviour , other reasonably complex docker containers are not exhibiting this behaviour (combo of apache, mysql , php) .

Seems someone else is experiencing the same issue

Hello @tim.hoffman,

yes, it is the same situation as in the other thread - please run the command once more and it will use the latest image.

Regards.

Hi

I was able to run it successfully this morning, and its working now. (16:00 GMT+8)

T

I am also seeing this issue with the latest image.

docker pull ghcr.io/zatosource/zato-3.2-quickstart:latest

latest: Pulling from zatosource/zato-3.2-quickstart
Digest: sha256:dd51fd9f9d32feb97786f0825811c7213483dd3562a533c9deea13e9110c3ad2
Status: Image is up to date for ghcr.io/zatosource/zato-3.2-quickstart:latest
ghcr.io/zatosource/zato-3.2-quickstart:latest

TASK [Create a quickstart environment (02)] ************************************
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! =>
{
“changed”: true,
“cmd”: "
PATH=$PATH:~/current/bin &&
/opt/zato/env/qs-1/zato-qs-stop.sh || true &&
rm -rf /opt/zato/env/qs-1 &&
zato quickstart /opt/zato/env/qs-1 --odb-type postgresql --odb-host localhost --odb-port 5432
–odb-db-name zato_db_main1 --odb-user zato_user_main1 --odb-password ‘zato.db.main.hnge530r0rjyu80m6j35’
–cluster-name ‘i-Pulse-TESTING’ --verbose
“,
“delta”: “0:00:00.006107”,
“end”: “2022-12-08 13:15:32.437344”,
“msg”: “non-zero return code”,
“rc”: 127,
“start”: “2022-12-08 13:15:32.431237”,
“stderr”: "
/bin/sh: 2: /opt/zato/env/qs-1/zato-qs-stop.sh: not found
/bin/sh: 4: zato: not found”,
“stderr_lines”: [“/bin/sh: 2: /opt/zato/env/qs-1/zato-qs-stop.sh: not found”,
“/bin/sh: 4: zato: not found”],
“stdout”: “”,
“stdout_lines”: []
}

Attempting to delete and re-pull image but it appears to be the same latest iamge.

Best Regards,

Robert

Hi @rdunmire,

can you check it now, please?

Hi @dsuch,

I found that when the apt packages for zato are updated in /zato-ansible/zato-quickstart-02.yaml that would break the step that runs /opt/zato/env/qs-1/zato-qs-stop.sh.

As a workaround I added my own zato-quickstart-02.yaml and removed that step.

- name: Update and upgrade apt packages (02)
  apt:
    upgrade: yes
    update_cache: yes
    cache_valid_time: 3600

I can try a fresh docker image tomorrow. Thanks for looking into this.

Best Regards,

Robert